PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yes - Airlines Do Need Pilots !
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2004, 12:29
scameron77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schools

Sorry WWW, I thought BA were getting in students from Jerez and Oxford for interviews?

Not really an endorsement in my mind of either school, more so BA being very lazy and going with what they know rather than, God forbid, going into the masses of other perfectly qualified pilots and conducting interviews that involve asking a few more questions.

Is being the BA recruitment manager the easiest job in the world or what? Its like the HR manager at Shell sitting in his office saying, "I'm only interested in Chemical Engineers from Cambridge who have high grades". Plenty of other people out there who attend other establishments with a better reputation and better marks but they don't get a look in.

Needless to say it looks as if the PR/Marketing machine at both these schools is in full swing, just remember all fellow wannabes, where a good slice of you £55-60k goes . . . . straight into the marketing department to produce glossy brochures, all singing all dancing websites and to lobby the airlines.

I'm starting an internship program in the states in early Jan, costing me £30k all in including a salary and my accomodation, I'd rather use the £25-30k I save to fund my own lobbing campaign and improve my CV with extra qualifications.