PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining Experience - ?
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2004, 09:40
mike papa delta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gaining Experience - ?

Those annoyed by wannabes stop reading now!!!
Those who are happy to offer something to a low-timer read on...
As I understand it:
Having jumped through all the UK hoops (CPL(H) + instructor ticket) you have approx 300hrsTT. If you are fortunate enough to get work I believe the only flying you are likely to be doing is trial lessons until your experience (hours) has risen considerabley.
So I ask:

What is it (and I am in no way suggesting that it is nothing) that you learn by doing trial lessons ad nauseum?

Am I being naive (more than likely!) in thinking one trial lesson is pretty much the same as another with little learned in terms of commercial flying?

Your hours go up but does your experience? Are you now deemed a more safe pilot suitable for other operations just from doing trial lessons (or other parts of the PPL(H) syllabus)?

In summary:
What do you learn in the early stages of your career under the system described above?
There are no rhetorical questions - just those of a curious low-timer wannabe looking to soak up as much infomation/opinion as possible!

I would really like to hear of peoples tales of going from wannabe to working pilot... Anyone? Anyone?
Cheers.