PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Pay!
Thread: Flying Pay!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2004, 20:55
InTgreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whenever we come back from a ****ty job in the hills at night, with cloud or whatever on the deck, our engineers always respond 'I guess that's what you guys' get flying pay for!' I suppose it is, but yes, I would probably do the job just for the love of it.... However, it really would not be long until the civvie sector would pay oh so much more, for much less risk to yours truly. The money is not everything, but it is nice to get some recognition for a bloody tough job in the face of danger. Be it danger from the enemy or the elements, either can quickly kill you if you are not ready for them!!

That being said, the role of the ground crews is invaluable. We could not fly and keep a 98%+ 15min readiness 24hrs a day 365 days a year without them. Cheers guys- and in my experience, the GC's get as much of a buzz out of a successful rescue/sortie as the aircrew do. And so they should....... How does the dark blue saying go? Oh yes, the team works! We are all here for the same job. Be that job in the air or on the ground. One would not happen without the other. Supply dudes know what they can claim, aircrew get retention pay, SAR engineers get the rough end of the stick....