PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmir GLA-LCY?
Thread: bmir GLA-LCY?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2004, 20:46
Headset starter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's all very intersting...

So if the -135 arrives in early Jan without the steep approach kit, it'll be useless for the LBA-LCY route, which would be fine if the ATR's are being extended, but it will also be no good for the now rumoured GLA-LCY route.

It will be nice when the thing actually arrives and we learn a little bit more about what will be happening. I'm sure it could do some extra routes from ABZ-GRQ as they appear to be doing fantastically well, and I suppose it could be placed on some other routes at the weekend in order to allow a -145 to operate into LHR, releasing the Airbus guys to operate some winter charters.

With no flights from Glasgow to major European cities like Paris, Brussels, Oslo, Frankfurt, I'm sure that with proper advertising, a couple of trial routes can be negotiaed with mainline and the Star Alliance.

I'd also heard that the first aircraft to arrive was not from Jetmagic but was part new from Embraer, ie that it had not been operated by an airline, but was not fresh off the production line.

Vee shall see.