PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS
Thread: EAST MIDLANDS
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2004, 19:44
Lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On top of the flights to Girona (Girona-based aircraft), Rome (Rome-based aircraft), Dublin & Murcia (Dublin-based aircraft) there are rumours that Ryanair is to either base five aircraft at Nottingham East Midlands next summer, or that the airline will be using five aircraft from other bases to fly a number of new routes.

flybe. management have been talking with NEMA management for the last few months regarding a small base at the airport, not unlike what they're flying out of LPL for next summer. I have been told to expect an announcement for twice daily BHD & twice daily CDG any time now.

EasyJet rumours still seem to be around that the airline is going to pull out, I have no facts or figures, but they seem to just be ambling along with whats left of the Go operation. When the -300s finally get retired, will the NEMA base be retired also?

Still rumours around that Germanwings is coming to NEMA, to accompany its partner airline bmibaby.

Also, bmi regional is *apparently* looking into adding its EMB-175s that it has on order, I think its ten of the type, of which three could be based at NEMA. Whether this is to replace or compliment bmibaby routes, I've not been told.