PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would you have done?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2004, 18:41
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, you three, you're right, if you're dead you couldn't care less whether we know who you are or not. The trouble is, you've probably got friends, relatives and employers (and creditors possibly???) who do care and would like to have the right bits of you back in a box!

In addition christep, if we have one of those situations, such as Kegworth, where many are dead but some survive, it is much, much better for next of kin to know definitely one way or the other rather than having their loved one posted as "missing".

As for on-board seat moves and upgrades, these are recorded by BA Flght Crew and signalled back to base to amend the passenger manifest accordingly. (If we ever move your seat at the gate, and you happen to observe closely, if it isn't altered in the computer a manual entry is made to the "Passenger Boarding Log" showing, for example, Seat 32B moved to 24C).

Now, BRUPax, your attitude is rather disturbing as you have no possible way of knowing whether a seat is broken or not. By just grabbing a vacant seat without asking anyone could be your undoing! (At the very least, you could end up with coffee in your lap as the table collapses! Of course, any claim against the airline - even for Dry Cleaning - would result in your having to show your Boarding Card and, you guessed it, the emboldened allocated Seat Number could relinquish the airline of any responsibility!)

Of course, if we carry out everything we're supposed to in a disciplined manner, the chances of a disaster occurring are greatly reduced.

I guess this is one of the essential differences between a professional airline and a money-grabber!!! (And now I'd like to get away from this morbid subject 'cos I never want to witness another air disaster - ever!)

Last edited by bealine; 21st Nov 2004 at 19:02.