PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are digital cameras on your banned-on-takeoff/landing list?
Old 20th Nov 2004, 07:10
wishtobflying

Not enough $$$ ...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confession time - I didn't actually do the "right thing". I waited until she was sitting down and then just held the camera to the window and kept snapping away. It wasn't a distraction to anyone else, as it makes no noise and I wasn't holding it up to my eye, but that's beside the point isn't it. I apologise in advance, so please don't go too much into the "you naughty boy" routine.

I accept that you have your training though, and there are rules to be followed. If I'd been belligerant and vocal about it, I probably would have had someone in a different uniform waiting in Cairns to give me the honour of being the first person off the flight, but as far as the FA was concerned she'd done her job and was none the wiser.

The screaming kids and party of 11 and wheelchair party kept the cabin crew busy enough as it was.

I shall keep in mind the "ask first" principle next time, but now knowing what the expected response will be from the cabin crew, I'll probably just wait until they've done their final walk-through and pull the camera out after they're strapped in. After all, how do you think those pictures you find on the internet of things happening on landing or takeoff get there?

(ducks for cover)

Cheers,

wishtobflying