PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What BA cabin crew think of pilots
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2004, 20:14
Dogs_ears_up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose this'll go down like a fart in a spacesuit, but what the hell, let's live a little.

Firstly, talk is cheap. On an internet forum, anybody can (and does) say anything, regardless of their actual intent.

Secondly, although not exclusively so, I think this could be a largely BA problem. Based on circumstancial evidence, there appears to be a culture problem among some of the cabin crew there with regard to Flight Crew. Yes, I know we can all come up with examples closer to home, but the point is that it seems to be more prevalent in BA. In my experience, the chain of command is more clearly stated in some other airlines, and there is a greater degree of respect for the rank, if not the individual. I suppose I'll get flamed senseless for saying that, but nonetheless, the perception exists, and there apears to be a BA specific problem: I'd be pleased to be corrected on this.

Finally, these kind of divisive comments get published from time to time and the really cool thing is that you can read into it whatever you want, to support your existing beliefs. Paranoid pilots can find evidence to prove that CSD's are salami slicing their power and authority away: Stroppy Crew will find evidence of Captains' megalomania. The only way out is to rely on your own personal experience - mine is that most pilots and cabin crew are very pleasant people: You get the odd ****, but that's life!

Ok, "Brace- Brace for impact"