PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S/O fun & games in QF
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2004, 12:15
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Easy Johnny, I can guarantee you that Borg is NOT advocating a pay cut for anyone. I've not heard ANYONE advocate that on Qrewroom or AIPA. Further, anyone that believes that as the AIPA line is jumping at shadows that aren't there. I can guarantee you that the feeling from most of us on the 767 is that our pay rates are woefully under done when compared to the 744 S/O pay rates but that we should be lifting the 767 rates, not attacking the 744 S/O rates.

To address the actuall matter, fleet pay for S/Os makes sense- especially given the lack of 'choice' in the fleet type for S/Os as opposed to suckers like me who chose the $30K pay drop to be an F/O! Considering the possible fleet moves for QF in the future, perhaps we'd be wise to lock in a 'pegged' rate now at B744 rates. That way whether we go for a combo of A380 and A340 (the latter should see pay rates less than the 744) or 777s (also less than the 744) or get rid of the 744s all together, we've 'fixed' in a solution to deal with a few of the eventualities. We'd be short sighted to NOT look at this. I'd hate for us to replace the 744s with 50+ 777s or A340s and have caused a pay drop for S/Os on that type whilst the S/Os on the 10 A380s get a pay rise! Imagine the blue if those A380 slots went to people off the street!