PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this a joke??!!
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2004, 10:10
AA717driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two years ago, I made USD$158k/year. I took a job paying USD 7100/mo. six months ago.

Am I happy about it? Yes and no. I know I'm worth more but at what cost? Do I uproot my family and move to Dubai and into the Emirates DEC quagmire? Or worse, go there and hope to upgrade in seniority...eventually? No right to work in the EU or UK so DEC at Easy or Ryanair is out. I don't have the $7000 USD to pay for training at Southwest so I can take a $30k pay cut and take a few years to make it back.

Should I stand on principle...and on the street corner after having filed for bankruptcy?

I'm 46 and am typed in the G550 and 767. Anyone have any ideas other than what I'm doing now? (I'm working where I live and meeting expenses and should get a 12% raise in March.)

These are horrible times, there is no unity in aviation(the "haves" during the 90's laid the groundwork for that!) and we, alone, are responsible for that situation. No one who is doing well will jeapordize what they currently have to draw a line in the sand for those who are "have nots". Just my opinion.TC