PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are digital cameras on your banned-on-takeoff/landing list?
Old 18th Nov 2004, 07:40
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get real ! What an absolute load of cobblers; wherein I must remember this the next time I'm on the approach into, say, Innsbruck (see pics below)..... indeed, maybe people should also turn off hearing aids, and heart pacemakers, etc. ?!
Devils Advocate whilst I agree with your implied point that digital cameras would most likely have no interference with anything onboard the aircraft (except perhaps the FA's when the pax take pics without asking!! ), its difficult to explain/justify to average Joe Pax the difference between say a Digital Still camera and for eg a Laptop or Discman - as far as I am concerned, a Digi Still camera does contain computer components in it - albeit on a smaller scale. Is there anyone out there with the technical knowledge who could perhaps enlighten us on this topic?

all battery operated equipment is supposed to be switched off for both take off and landing. - Listen to the cabin crews announcements!
Jetteson a question was being asked, I think its fair to expect an appropriate answer without being snapped at...