PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cenralised Load Control (CLC) at Servisair Regional Stations
Old 17th Nov 2004, 23:58
Captain101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the whole the system works well - Apart from:

For short turnarouds on remote stands it is a real pain. You have to go back to the gate once you have the fuel figures send them to CLC and wait 5-10 mins for the loadsheet to come back through, in theory your then supposed to go back to the gate again when sure of the load and send a deadload mask, then wait for the release message before collecting your copy of the LS from the aircraft - in practice this just does not happen with remote stands. (if the actual load is as planned or close enough to LMC, most dispatchers will not bother with the deadload mask.)

Another time it can be problematic is when the load changes and has to be re-planned, I've attempted to do this uing deadload masks and 5 fields but often i find the best way is to give CLC a call and sort it out.

For containerised A/C - a manual LP is faxed from CLC the night before - however there is no dedload mask for containerised A/C so if there is a change in the loading which there ineviatably is with ULD's, then it's very difficult to communicate the change using the system, and again the best way to sort it out - call CLC.

I am not aware of it ever having caused any delays, but it has definatley caused alot of stress at times!

Let everyone know how it goes at NCL, good luck!