PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harrier Crash Video
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2004, 07:00
MajorMadMax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, whereas I am sure all of us got a good laugh out of the comments on that web site, do us a favor on please don't lump all Americans as being 'ignorant.' Some of us do know where the UK is (and can find it on a map), as well as Iraq, Afghanistan, and a myriad of other places we get sent to. Yes, I will admit that our educational level is lower than that in the UK, but all in all we aren't a bad lot and I have lots of Brit friends that love the place.

But, on the other side of the coin, when we left Texas in 2002, and I told people we were going to Belgium, most replied, "Isn't that in Germany?" Well, one could argue that it has been part of Germany twice in the past 100 years, but after a while I just figured it was easier to say yes...

But, when I lived in the UK for two years and told people I was from Florida, most thought everyone was within walking distance of Disney World. Either that or they would ask me if I knew so-and-so, someone they met when they went on holiday there five years earlier. Ignorance is not just bliss, but plentiful; we all have our share.

Now, back to the yank-bashing!

Cheers! M2