PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAL payscales
Thread: JAL payscales
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2004, 07:14
JapJok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RR, believe me my friend I'm not wound up but a contract is a contract and I will not tolerate breaches. Simple as that. They wouldn't so why should I??

I make no reservations; these are the worst people to work for regarding contract violations, and they are obsessive, compulsive liars. I can be no kinder. I have spoken with a lot of foreign pilots on contract with Japanese companies and their experiences are the same. They are liars. And vindictive if they don't agree with your position.

Founder of softbank maybe a Japanese citizen, but there are tens of thousands of Koreans wh owill never be. I work with some and have been told the story. They hold alien cards just as we do.

Whoever commented on my statement that I do not have a racist bone in my body and tried to read racism into is gras ping at straws. I haven't said I actually dislike the Japanese. I did say they have made me dislike Japan (the being here) because of their behaviour.

And yes the younger generation are more tolerant of westerners than the older. Quite a number of the guys have established that.

On that note I asked a number of colleagues whether they found Jap offensive. Younger ones didn't, but they said the older ones would. They were called %$$#^ Japs by the occupying powers in the late 40sand can't get over it. Many other countries overcame far greater problems, but the Japanese have difficulty with some name calling, and I suppose that says something about the people.
As for my implication that it is not a civilized country, read into it what you will. India was among the more advanced civilizations 500 years ago also.

Would I encourage any pilot to come here on a contract? No, never!!! It's just not worth the hassles. The idiots at JCAB make sure of that if the other issues don't. I still haven't established how many active volcanoes there are in Japan because each JCAB 'inspector' has a different number depending on whether the submarine ones are included. Nor have I discovered definitively whether the BaiU front is warm or cold.
You will carry the parasites round in the jumpseat as though it s their private taxi service,so they can claim flight payas they head off for their dirty weekends out of To kyo. I had some d***head mechanic ask me for my licence a few days back. He wouldn't know what a licence looked like but they have to wield the power, and to see company managements bobbing up and down, like pigeons on heat, to them is just humiliating to watch.

Anyway, this is way off topic, and I'm as guilty as anybody else and maybe more so for putting it there.

I suggest if we want to discuss flying in Japan generally, the pros and cons, that we start a new thread. Maybe a cut and past e from this thread could kick it off.

Last edited by JapJok; 15th Nov 2004 at 23:15.