PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAL payscales
Thread: JAL payscales
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2004, 09:26
Roadrunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JapJok,

Jeez man, chill out.

I have a similar read on the situation as yourself, however, you are letting your emotions get the better of you.

Japan certainly is, to say the least, a rather interesting part of the aviation world. I work for one of the companies you mentioned, however, our maintenance appears impeccable.
Yes, we do put up with a lot of crap, however, in the end, as long as they keep giving away the odd BD most of us are pretty much happy to put up with the misunderstandings in the contract etc.
There will be a fair exodus of pilots from our company in the coming 6 months I'm sure. We all keep an eye out for a better alternative and act when the time is right. Fortunately the Japanese license is a valuable commodity and as long as you can find the right job and keep the bull**** deflector deployed, it ain't all that bad considering the options. Our lot are looking to cut back in areas in the future, they have a big shock coming I believe.
You have found Japan a big eye opener as have most of us. Can I suggest you look upon your experiences as part of life's rich tapestry and move on.
Our mates at Virgin take a fair bit of crap, work far too hard for my liking ( we fly about 55 average per month) and are not as well remunerated as our good selves.
I do agree that the younger generation are quite friendly and accepting of us.

It could be a s*** load worse mate.