PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore flying college
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2004, 09:44
BlueEagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi 777_my

Sorry if you haven't had quite the answers you were hoping for so far!!!

I have been lucky enough to enjoy over thirty six years in professional flying so if you don't mind I'll offer a few words that are just my thoughts, nothing else.

1. Don't even stop to think about 'drop-out' rates, they vary from course to course, some will lose, say, 50% and others maybe 5%,
all you have to do is make sure that you are in the MAJORITY, that shouldn't be too difficult as most of us can fall into that category without even trying!K:

2. Singapore is what you choose to make it. As a cadet it won't be easy, life isn't like that. If what you are striving for is worth having then you must expect a few lumps and bumps on the way. SIA may make a point of stressing your position at an early stage but as you climb the ladder you will understand that when you reach the top the effort has been worthwhile, you will have learned, above all else, what it is to have responsibility on your shoulders.

Best of luck in your endeavours, some of the people who post here on PPRuNe have already failed and others gave up before they tried so don't take as Gospel all that you read!

regards,

Blue Eagle - Moderator.