PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sexual harassment or acceptable?
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2004, 08:41
kilobravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's a sad sad world we live in

GOOD GOD !!!!!!

How on earth can a person telling another they have a beautiful smile be SEXUAL HARASSMENT??? It's a compliment. We all need a serious reality check here. I can only assume it's a man talking to a female FA and it doesn't sound like the comment was in anyway threatening or seedy.No way would any man receiving a compliment by a female even think of it as anything else than a compliment.
He didn't pinch her ass, make rude suggestions, he didn't touch her or sexually approach her, verbally or physically. Does anyone else agree that this world is getting out of hand with these do's and don'ts of today's society? Next men will not be able to look at women anymore, without it being objected to on moral/ethical grounds. If a human being cannot cope with a simple comment like that, without taking offense, then we are in deep doodoo, and this place is gonna get real boring, real quick!
How on earth are you suppose to meet a woman if it is no longer acceptable to talk/pay a compliment without it being deemed sexual harassment. There is a line NOT to be crossed by anyone, male or female, but telling someone they have a nice smile is a long long way away from that line.
Am I missing the point? Is it because it is the 'work place' and as such this person was made to feel a tiny bit uncomfortable because someone found him/her attractive, and unlike a bar/club situation could not get away from the person who paid the compliment? If that is so, it's all a bit too paranoid I think...
Just my views but it seems nowadays no one can say anything anymore. At worse the compliment made could have made the FA feel a tiny bit self conscious, at a push, but surely that is all. Calling it sexual harassment or even thinking along those lines is inflamatory and really dangerous.GET A GRIP PEOPLE!