PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAL payscales
Thread: JAL payscales
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2004, 03:06
NZLeardriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Japjok

I have heard from others about the problems with the contracts. It is quite unacceptable, both from the airline and the contracter. It sounds pretty bad. I cant comment on the flying aspect as I have not been able to fly in Japan.

However I do disagree with other comments you make. I have found the Japanese to be very honorable, much more so than people in other countries I have lived in. Aviation everywhere is a nasty business.

Jap is insulting. It is not the same as ozzie, yank or pom. Many Australians call themselves ozzies, the Americans named a baseball team the Yankees. No Japanese call themselves Japs.

There are tens, if not hun dreds of thousands of Koreans here, third and fourth generations born in Japan, and not permitted to ever hold citizenship nor their descendants.

This is just not true. Look at Masayoshi Son, founder of Softbank and at one time one of the richest men in the world. His grandparents are Korean and he was a Japanese citizen long before he became rich. Becoming a citizen in Japan is actually easier than in many western countries.

don't have a racist bonein my body

The Japs have taken lying to a whole new level, and are the most dishonest, duplicitious and devious people you will ever deal with. They make the Arabs looks like saints.

You are contradicting yourself.

If it happened in the Us or most otherplaces in the civilized world ...
Maybe I am wrong but you seem to be implying that Japan is not civilised. In actuality is is one of the oldest civilised nations, long before the white man invaded America.

As for your friend`s comment, I wish we Americans were a bit/lot more racist like these people and then we wouldn't be the suckers weare for every %$#& who wants to live in the greatest country in the world."

Give me a break!!! I have lived in both countries. Everytime I enter Japan immigration takes a very short time and ends with `Welcome to Japan`. Entering the US takes hours and is very rude and insulting. If you look lost on the streets of Japan or at the train station people will go out of their way to help you and talk with you. Try that in the states! If anyone gives you directions at all they are likely to be wrong.

It sounds like you were treated really badly by your airline and by the company that hired you. It is very helpful to others that you are passing this on and I thank you. However much of your writing comes across as a rascist diatribe and clouds whatever useful information you have.

nz