PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Australia Interviews - Anyone heard back yet?
Old 9th Nov 2004, 22:16
sunnygal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF STRIKEBREAKERS

Let me fill you in on what these horrible, awful scum of the earth strikebreaker people are........

I for example am a nurse (thats right when god forbid any of you go into hospital i'm the one looking after you and wiping your behinds). Scum???

Another person i did training with was a primary school teacher (probably teaches some of your kids) Scum??

Another or should i say quite a few ex Ansett F/A's... scum??

Another was in the Army, served in Timor for 6 months. Again are they scum too???

And the list goes on.................

My point is you guys out there don't know any of these "strikebreakers" so i really don't think its fair to pass judgement on any of them unless you have actually met them and now about their lives. I don't know about you guys but i believe in giving everyone a fair go and I ALWAYS ALWAYS can look at both sides of the story and see both points of view no matter how much I have my own opinion.

Yes i agree being a strikebreaker does undermine you conditions etc etc and i can see with you are all so upset. But speaking for alot of the trainees i know after they did their training they joined the union and were prepared to strike with the rest of you guys myself included. Alot of us didn't really realise what was going on until we got into training....naive you say well maybe but what you all have to realise and its been said before is that these people are desperate to fly and i can sympathise with them when they take a position as a strikebreaker even though it may not be the best decision in the world. And as for getting a REAL job as a flight attendant which has been stated on this thread, in the REAL world its not that easy but i'm sure if we all persist we will get there eventually.

Anyway there aren't even going to be any strikes therefore no more strikebreakers so can we all please move on.

Last edited by sunnygal; 9th Nov 2004 at 23:02.