PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Australia Interviews - Anyone heard back yet?
Old 9th Nov 2004, 13:58
GoGirl

PPRuNette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread has had its good posts and its bad, trolleytart, yours highlights the immature.

I was devestated to find out that I wasn't going to be a qantas strike breaker
Possibly one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen written on PPRuNe.

Galley Power
Has anyone seen that letter entitled 'A Dream Shattered' on the FAAA web site? It shows a strike breaker now applying to the FAAA for help as they are now not going to be used as strike breakers.
Maybe I interpreted the article differently, but I was of the opinion that the author was seeking advice, out of desperation, from the FAAA, regarding what they experienced as dubious and underhanded tactics by Qantas.
Not once did the author request help because he/she is now not going to be employed as a strike-breaker.
(That was a decision only announced yesterday btw, whereas this letter was written a few weeks ago)

to quote a para from the article...

I am totally and utterly disgusted in how Qantas is treating us – they don't seem to want us to become first class flight attendants – they just want us as back-up if the strike goes ahead. This is shattering news as we are after full time positions not just for a week or two and then left out in the cold with no job and no security
Your point was not lost however, and there will always be those who regard 'scabbing'/'strikebreaking' as no big deal and a means to an end, such as trolleytart

GG