PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 15 years on, have we had some interesting jobs or what????
Old 9th Nov 2004, 10:04
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Heavens sake Ninja.

Isnt this enough of personal attacks in these fora?

Just a little something to think on mate. In the dreaded 1989, while Abeles and Hawke were rearranging your lives, both alleged hero and sc@b, thousands of Traffic Officers, Locos, Porters, Caterers, LAMEs, Marketing Staff and numerous other professions were stood down as you were initially locked out. I personally was not stood down, but had months in HBA having to open a makeshift EW Office and deal with a lot of very unhappy punters. WE handled it - got on with it.

They had the same mortgages, commitments, school bills and worries about their future as the Pilots affected. Many lost houses, foreclosed on by banks after months of no income. Mates of mine lost Hadleys Hotel in Hobart to the bank, and many other accommodation houses, restaurants and attractions went out sideways in this state alone.

You want to know the strange thing? I have not heard ONE of them once over the last 15 years bad mouth either side of the Pilot's Dispute. I have however heard many of them vent their spleen at the Hawke/Abeles obvious manipulation that caused the cataclysm in order to cut costs in an Airline that had greedily been stripped by management to critical mass. The choices made then (15 bleeding years ago) aint gunna change, and nor is the outcome. Please - get over it. Obviously you are doing well, and that is great. Hopefully it will one day be just a distant memory if people can just let go.

I would hope that highly trained professionals as you and others in here are will one day see how you were deliberately set against each other and if not forgive, at least tolerate each other.

Personal attacks are very degrading, particularly to those who launch them.

Play nice.

Best regards

EWL