PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Give Cooly an ILS !!
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2004, 09:18
LetsGoRated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bank Angle

You are speaking utter rubbish!! Your complete lack of understanding with regards mon app & LVP and as they apply to Australian ops attests to that. Have a read of the Jepps one day!! Don’t give me that "overseas we do this" crap!! Spent a hell of a long time in one of "your" above mentioned airlines. With your total lack of understanding of these issues, I would be very surprised if you have operated a jet with any of these airlines.
Criticism? You infer questionable operational decisions by crews without being on the flight deck??
Q: How many years have you operated a jet to LVP at airports across the globe?
A: None. If you did you might have a bit more understanding of them and when they're applied and to what type of approaches!!
I've conducted hundreds of monitored approach’s and I can honestly say that it makes absolutely no f^&%ing difference on the outcome. If they are a part of your SOP's then you do them. As for being trained for them… yeah what all of 30 minutes!! The biological limitations of the eye – give me a break, you’re supposed to be flying an airliner not the f^&king space shuttle!!
You're right, got no idea of your quals, but looking at your comments critical of fellow professionals at YBCG and YSCB EGPWS stuff, I'll bet my left one that its F^&K ALL!! You have cursed yourself and one day you just might find you’re own arse hanging in the breeze.

BTW

"Thank god these pilots are getting paid serious dollars to look after us."
Read para again, I was being sarcastic.

Last edited by LetsGoRated; 9th Nov 2004 at 09:51.