PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Australia Interviews - Anyone heard back yet?
Old 9th Nov 2004, 04:15
Galley Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey

jesski
Just because they choose to accept a three month contract because it may be convienient to them
Well, from all the posts I've read its full of these contractors complaining they quit their current jobs FOR Qantas! Not a matter of convienience. Not a smart idea. I have friends that didn't accept this position, because their dreams of flying would be horrible for three months and for the rest of their lives after that! Now they're enjoying a proper flying position and some are still looking and will get there.

Why isn't anyone getting the idea?
If people are desparate to fly they should be smarter. If they join just for three months, they are stopping recruitment for themselves in the years to come, as they will help Qantas promote the London/overseas bases! They don't understand this! I don't think they do, but its plain and simple. Not only are they ruining it for the crew that have been there for years trying to protect themselves and future Australian employees, but also they're ruining it for themselves in the future. If they did help for three months, Qantas could have won and then say 'see ya' to all contractors and 'see ya' to many Australian applicants in the future by recruiting more overseas staff.
Those that said yes to Qantas, grow up, and I'm glad Qantas made a deal with the FAAA and what has happened. As I have said before, join another company if you want to be a REAL flight attendant (not just one that fulfils your fantasies of doing a demo once or twice), a company that will treat you like a proper employee (and dress you like one too).
Jees.