PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Give Cooly an ILS !!
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2004, 04:15
BankAngle50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LetsGoRated.

Hummm! Rather nasty response to some of my suggestions and procedures I learnt whilst with an oversea airline. I don’t think there was one ounce of constructive criticism in any of your responses. You sledge me and my qualifications without knowing what my experience. Who said i learnt to fly at an aeroclub anyway?

Yes I did operate to OOL over these days in question.

RE: my cheaky Alternates comment. The point you missed, but it seems everyone else got, was the pressure we can put on ourselves to always get in. As highlight in many crashes. Every situation needs to be assessed individually and I’m not saying you mustn’t try a few goes, but when it’s paternally obvious you wont get in below the MDA, then its time to consider the alternate and not commercial pressures.

RE: Monitored Approach. Have you ever been trained to do them. Have you done them in LVP? They are an excellent procedure and increase safety and the % chance you will get in. Do you now why we do them overseas? Do you understand the biological limitations with your eye and why these procedures were developed? Do you know why Cathay, American, S/African, SQ all do them? All I’m saying is, give us the facts why you slag off the monitored approach procedure. Monitored Approach are bloody great and worked well with my previous employer. Why not consider them?

"Thank god these pilots are getting paid serious dollars to look after us."
Ha! If you honeslty think that, what more needs to be said. Our pay is a Joke! Yes, my choice to come back and earn nothing, but dont state bullsh1t like we are well paid.
Perhaps you have already identified yourself as a Jetstar pilot.
God help us if they give you a left seat! You expel and authority gradient that is off the scale and obviously with all your vast Australia never been anywhere, LSALT never above A100, I know it all attitude; the FO’s must love flying you.

Last edited by BankAngle50; 9th Nov 2004 at 04:25.