PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windows XP and Real Player Files
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2004, 20:42
5milesbaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windows XP and Real Player Files

Hi there, having a few problems getting files saved in XP into Real Player.

Basically I save the Audio CD's using Real Player in my XP settings, which are password protected, but save the music to the 'shared documents' file.

Next I log in under my wifes profile and do a system scan to retrieve the music into her file. However this either fails to find any info or just downloads the first track off each album. I have used the Real Player 'scan disk for media' and also 'add files to my library', the latter giving a message that data could not be found, check network settings. I have also tried taking my password off and doing the scans again, and have even targetted the albums directly, but still no joy.

I never had this problem before, but had to do a full re-install earlier in the year hence the need to put all my music back on the disk. The first 10 or so albums have fully downloaded themselves into her library, but then I got into this situation. My own Real Player library shows all the clips and plays them perfectly. I can go through windows and find the clips all listed in the shared documents, but when I click on the clips she wants nothing happens.

Hope this is all straight forward, I've given you as much info as I think is relevent, any thoughts on whats wrong?

Cheers in advance.
5mb