PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Give Cooly an ILS !!
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2004, 06:03
LetsGoRated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bank Angle

I think when I learnt to fly it was called an alternate or something like that.
Gee I wish I went to your flying school........fairly obvious, think you've missed the point

Why are we not doing monitored approach when LVP in place?
Monitored approaches, now there’s something that will solve the problem of missed approaches and alternate diversions....NOT!!

If you’re not visual at the MDA try once more then overnight at BNE. Simple.
Simple? How about we all amend our ops manuals to read "If you’re not visual at the MDA try once more then overnight at (Insert name of alternate here). Simple." Haven't been around long have you? As professional pilots we are paid to get those feral punters to their destinations, not to overnight at our alternates!! Were you operating at CG yesterday or are you the Monday morning quarterback?
A few crews elected to do a few different things....the end result? No twisted aluminum. If you think divert decisions are all ****s and giggles and "simple" you will be sadly mistaken my friend, just ask you're captain

I heard the guys had hit the TOGA's 3 times before getting in. Humm!! What would the pax be thinking?
I'll tell what they were thinking - "Thank god these pilots are getting paid serious dollars to look after us." Not the best time for them to overhear the cabin crew - "I wish these pilots were being paid more than the local train/forklift driver or garbo!!" Who gives a s$%t what they were thinking, they're not in the cockpit skinning the cat sunshine, you are!!! You have other priorities at that point. What would they be thinking as they silently plummet seawards with both engines flamed out?!!