PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAC and the Award - Part 3
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2004, 23:57
jon.pierre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dasjab,
Correct me if I’m wrong (I could be if you think so), but I cannot find any reference on the above linked web site to the fact that their RPT schedule is actually just bookings made on behalf of a third party supplier. As far as there website reads to me, TT&F is advertising a “Tiwi Travel & Freight Schedule.”
CIVIL AVIATION REGULATIONS 1988
- REG 210
Restriction of advertising of commercial operations

(1) A person must not give a public notice, by newspaper advertisement, broadcast statement or any other means of public announcement, to the effect that a person is willing to undertake by use of an Australian aircraft any commercial operations if the last-mentioned person has not obtained an Air Operator's Certificate authorising the conduct of those operations.
Penalty: 10 penalty units.

(2) An offence against subregulation (1) is an offence of strict liability.
Note For strict liability, see section 6.1 of the Criminal Code.
In fact in their terms and conditions the statement…
The Company may arrange with any other person, firm or corporation to undertake the carriage hereby contracted for, or service ancillary thereto (including the transportation of the passenger and baggage to or from any airport or taking off or landing place).
…indicates that under normal operating conditions, the company contracted by the customer to carry out the travel service is “Tiwi Island Travel and Freight,” but that they may be substituted.

On demand charter, could be but for the schedule they so publicly advertise. Flight No 007, 009, 011… Ha. Looks like an RPT airline, but certainly doesn’t act like one when the check in agent is weighing pax and freight with bathroom scales on GRASS. But it’s all fine, “J-J-J-Just Go.”
CAO 82.0
3.3 Each certificate authorising charter or regular public transport operations is subject to the condition that its holder (“the AOC holder”) must not, without the prior written approval of CASA, enter into an arrangement with a person whose application for a certificate is still pending (“the other person”) under which the AOC holder agrees:
(a) to use, in any operation covered by the AOC holder’s certificate, any aircraft proposed to be covered by the certificate sought; or
(b) to use, in connection with any operation covered by the AOC holder’s certificate, any person proposed to be employed or engaged by the other person in connection with any operation proposed to be covered by the certificate sought; or
(c) to conduct any operation, or any part of an operation, proposed to be covered by the certificate sought.
Tiwi travel and freight SHOULD be advertising that their bookings are for/on behalf of NAC, and as NEITHER COMPANY is RPT, should not be advertising a RPT schedule.

If TT&F are applying for their own AOC, then NAC shouldn’t been anywhere near them.