PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair pilots form new union - Join !!(Merged)
Old 7th Nov 2004, 13:23
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know, for sure i.e. 100% & not bar-room lawyer speculation, what any pilot's legal status would be if they do not agree to these conditions? Would they have deemed to have fired themselves, would they come under redundancy compensation, or even under unfairdismissal consideration?
Any company could impose unacceptable conditions on required retraining for personnel who's equipment is sold, in any industry. Surely the workers would have some balancing rights in this instance, especially if new workers were hired to replace them? That would demonstrate that the job/position was still a necessity to the companies business. With no such protection it would leave companies open to the tactic of changing equipment, demanding bonding or payment with other attached conditions, lowering the T's & C's for the imposed 'new'conract on the new equipment, or hiring new entrants, who would now be less senior/experienced, on lower terms. A great cost saving device.
Is it really as simple, in this day & age of EU legislation, as a fait accompli?