PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMA bus drivers with an ATC ticket!
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2004, 21:43
chillin_with_a_bud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry BMA bus drivers with an ATC ticket!

Evening all,
This is the first time of writting but that shows my mood at a situation today.
With the Scottish TMA in full flow I had my plan for 4 inbounds to Glasgow questioned by the BMA pilot at 2100. Here begins the story.
HS125 running 30 miles ahead of a bus and E145, with other traffic joining the melee from Turnberry. speed put on all three to stream and organised hs125, 5miles, Midland bus, 5miles, E145 and all sped approriatley. High rt loading and the Midland pilot decides not only to ask the speed of aircraft around him but proceed to question why I did it and complain that he would be left"on top of someone again".
Now friendly banter and polite but proffesional RT is all part of the job and I understand frustration but there is only one piece of tarmac and delays happen. Noone was held, Noone was unduly delayed and everyone got where they wanted to be. But this kind of childish moaning is detrimental to a happy working environment and thats what makes short cuts, high speed and shorter hours in the air.

Now you might think I am being pedantic but wait, its not finished! The same Pilot (change the letters and you get what hangs between a donkeys legs!) asks Glasgow Radar to speed up! and what, make the HS125 disappear! Glasgow spoke to me and described this gentleman as a part of the body that gets wiped after use.

This is a team game, in work and with the people around and we all work hard to acheive a goal. Mr2LN, come into Scottish at some time and see what we do and I believe all controllers would like to come sit with you and understand your gripes and concerns but, not in public, not on a busy frequency and certainly not because you are 5 mins late on a route. If you can do my job, then come in a try it. We have simulators ready and willing!
Thats it for now, not feleling better but interested to see a response. For everyone there is (W)RIGHT and WRONG, what do you think??????