PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I will NOT pay for a T/R
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2004, 16:43
Busbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to drive a Porsche 911, but guess what, I don't!! Why? Because I can't afford one, and I don't go telling the world how p!ssed off I am about it!

We all have our own views on self-funded type ratings with airlines making us pay, and whether it is right or wrong, it is fact so live with it!

I was offered a job with a big airline on a big shiny jet with very low hours. The catch? I had to pay for my rating!!!! At the time nobody else was banging my door down screaming "please come and fly for us" so I was left with little choice. And do you know what? It was a worthwhile investment because my career was furthered no end and now I get paid well, do a job I love and find interesting, and as it happens I do fly with beautiful women to!! Now every job has its faults but I never got into this game without knowing the facts first! Skyman, I am sure you were well aware of how much it was going to cost before you started, and how it is not easy getting a job.

I don't know about you but I was certain from the start that it was going to be a long hard road, and I was also sure I would not become a millionaire flying for an airline. Had I wanted that, I would have invested my money elsewhere!

I sympathise with your situation, but trying to discourage everybody else and ranting to the world how crap it all is will not make it any better. Instead, spend your time on your PC writing letters and CV's, it may be more productive!

Regards