PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whats the problem with NEMA?
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2004, 12:47
rock737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah but its just that all these new routes have been talked about but no the slightest has happened with announcements. Are there due to be any.

Does anyone know the plans for the cargo development and the likely new traffic were going to get. If were attracting so much cargo then how come we arent attracting any long haul such a CO or AA seeing as the locos are slowing down their inrodes into NEMA. Surely CO and AA are not beyond NEMAs horizons, i mean bristol got CO for a start and id hardly call bristol superior to NEMA for long haul with its tiny 757 only runway in comparison. NEMA could do what carriers want to do from BHX but with 777s rather than 767s which are the limit at BHX.

I just feel NEMA has not been any of the talk recently, when i registered there were lots of topics about NEMA, its just there seems to be a hole somewhere as if something has been left out or something major is to come.

Another thing whens this proposed new pax terminal going to start construction and where is it going to be located.

On the brightside though there are three long haul 767 routes with FCA next summer which should open up the market to BY, MYT, MON, XLA and TCX. It could possibly encourage CO or AA but thats unlikely, it will be interesting to see if any further decent long haul charters are added next year or whether another airline will base like excel or monarch. Perhaps TCX will goto a 757.

What are your views?