PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lost the Touch. ?
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2004, 05:12
828a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost the touch. ?

Silderfuchs:

Never flown into Chep Lap Kok, overshot at Kai Tak many times and I am very very familiar with wind shear. Is not that the thing you sense with your backside and do something about pronto. I might point out to you that I cant remember encountering wind shear with the autopilot engaged. If there was even the slightest possibilty of wind shear being around below 1500 ft then both the A/P and A/Ts would be off. Conditions of typhoon, monsoon or frontal took precedence over any warning from the tower .I preferred one hand on the wheel, one hand on the thrust levers, both elbows pressed into the armrests and both feet on the pedals. [Sort of sending a message to the aircraft just as its sending one to me ] I dont think that sitting there with the A/P engaged waiting for an aural warning to tell you a correctable flying problem has arisen can be "better airmanship'' [your words ] Regards 828a.

404; That fighter pilot stuff on my profile is past history, the days before I changed jobs. I\'m sorry if it offends you and I will ask the moderator to remove it. It was only after typing it in that I realised it should not be there but I dont know how to remove it. 828a. Mr MODERATOR ; Would you please delete the words Fighter Pilot from " Occupation "on my profile as it was entered in error. 828a.