PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trouble Brewing at CitiExpress
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2004, 19:30
PoodleVelour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA Cabin crew.....we could go on at length there. They do an adequate enough job when airborn, but it's a trial getting them there! Their insistence on 'working to rule' as it were is incredible, there is no Company loyalty at all, all they're interestd in often enough is arriving late to collect whatever package that attracts.
Why am I mentioning all this? Because it directly relates to some of the stuff published about discretion, and whether discretion is optional or Company authorised! Most pilots I know will go that extra mile to get the job done, but that dosen't mean everyone has to. I've seen people come in to work with a cold, because they thought they should - STUPID!!! And now, we have a thread xyz pages long where some people, more notably BA mainline people seem inclined to criticise the lady Captain's command authority decision.
Thanks for the facts btw, I didn't know all of those items. What I would like to know (from anyone who genuinely knows) is whether or not the CAA have been involved, officially or via CHIRP? They must surely have a ruling on whther a discretion decision may or may not be challenged by the Company after the event? It seems pretty rum to me that no-one so far has apparently asked them.

Anyway, all the best to M, I'm sure if Essex Girl is right and JA is i/c the hearing then it will all prove to be a storm in a teacup.

Oh, b4 I forget, Max Reheat - WELL SAID!!! Every syllable an accurate one. And for our reluctant colleague Human Factor, it would have been impossible for any of our BACX management to have any part in the LGW decision, because we weren't bought until after that. Of course, it may have been one of our current mainline slimeballs working down there at the time, but my association with Big Airways most fortunately does not go that far back.