PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whats the problem with NEMA?
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2004, 09:13
rock737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats the problem with NEMA?

Hi

I dont think the problem is related to DSA or airlines like Jet 2 and thomsonfly expanding at other airports as they could possibly launch at ema to complement what theyve got.

There has been no major expansion at East Midlands in ages, both Easyjet and Ryanair stated that they wanted to focus theyre operation on EMA a bit more with talks of Easyjet perhaps launching new routes and reisntating routes now they have more aircraft and actually increase above 9 routes rather than the losing one and then adding one style which is currently what theyre doing, as for ryanair they were rumoured to be greatly increasing the routes for winter at EMA and showed a lot of enthusiasm for it but nothing other than a rome service also heard that they were going to persue it into a major base, perhaps one of these two new bases theyre announcing, i mean surely they could do East Midlands to Milan, Frankfurt, Stockholm, Glasgow and even possibly London Gatwick as a London service could be good especially run by ryanair. They could make Milan Rome and Gerona at least twice daily as well and perhaps base 3/4 738s. As for easyjet they could surely increase the number of destinations they fly to and base 4/5 aircraft. As for bmibaby i dont think they really need to expand, i think they should go more into their market at other bases and transfer routes previously scheduled with bmi back to bmi except Paris, Amsterdam, Glasgow, Edinburgh. But 5/6 733s for them would do justice at EMA i think then perhaps a couple of A319s or ERJs for bmi.

Also i thought one of these foreign locos might have done a service or two to NEMA such as snowflake, volareweb, hapag lloyd express, helvectic, wizz air, air berlin particulalry or germanwings.

Hopefully we will see some new prommising announcements this winter for next summer and some of this may happen. Does anyone have any info, rumours or insider information?

Cheers