PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Australia Interviews - Anyone heard back yet?
Old 4th Nov 2004, 00:19
Paris_flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must say I don't blame QANTAS for their actions in preventing any customer disturbances incase of a strike. I refer to us strike breakers, employed on 3month contracts and a taste of what might be for some of us - a dream come true. However, throughout the whole experience I have remained positive, thinking that surely QF could not spend so much money on accomodation and training and not use us if a strike does not occur. Why would such a huge company want to train crew and not 'USE' them? Well it seems now QF has realised they have 350 people that are willing to work for 3 months so they are now offering a number of other options of employment one of which a MAM contract which will require a series of interivews. Should we be excited about this??? I think so. Not one person I met during interviews and training needed this job, they simply wanted it and now we have a chance to really earn it. I must say, I knew something may come of this and i'm glad I and others stuck with it and took the chance.
It's that foot in the door oppurtunity for us now and we have to use it for all it's worth.