PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trouble Brewing at CitiExpress
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2004, 17:40
The Little Prince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a bit like trying to explain colour to a blind man!

Carnage M. I would suggest that there are no mainline pilots flying mainline aircraft with BACX secondees in their LHS earning dramatically more than them. There are a lot of these in BACX. There are no BACX managers making a horses ass of BA mainline - There are some of these in BACX. No-one in BA has been subject to having all their SOPs and routines, bases, rosters and lives turned upside down by BACX management. The converse is completely true of we here in BACX. Thus, yes, I do feel qualified to speak about BACX after (actually) 13 years, and yes, I DO feel qualified to comment on the BA "WAY" of doing things.
I suggest your attitude is entirely typical of BA, your inability to empathise, and you and your colleagues' stunning quasi-political ability to answer a post by missing the point entirely. I surrender!

Gwynn - are you BA or maybe a wannabe? As above, first you attack me for a supposedly aggressive post. I point out all I did was (accurately) suggest you made a hypothesis. You reply by flaming me and quote more hypotheses. Actually, I do happen to know the facts of this case, I think there are quite a number of BACX people who do. In deference to due process, no-one has yet told the exact story, it would be unprofessional, and not the best way forward for the lady involved. However, as you should well know, the facts do not always matter when managerial 'honour' has to be upheld. Equally though, I note that none of you have commented on the BALPA legal support, which is interesting. As you know, BALPA only support cases they think will succeed, so regardless of the rights, wrongs or fact, they must feel there is a good case to present.

The one FACT I would suggest here is that non-BACX postees should quit criticising the 'malingering' potential of refusing to go into discretion. They should speak to any of the ERJ fleet and ask about the rosters and the fatigue levels. They should read the post by Rat 5, and consider whether they should be supporting a brother (sister) pilot on principle!!!!!!! who works for a Company like BACX, or ANY company which treats its employees like ours does.
To pontificate from the comfort of a golden parachute is faintly obscene, and certainly nauseous.

However, count it as a victory for TRotor and CMatey and Hansolo and all the rest of you. I really shall be quiet on this issue other than again, (as has been noticeably absent in some quarters) close by wishing her all the very best of luck, and good fortune, and a swift and successful end to this farce. She, like most of us, deserves better. The one thing I CAN say for a FACT, which seems to be more than most of my detractors, is that I know the lady personally - there is simply no possibility that this discretion refusal was anything other than professional!