PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 15 years on, have we had some interesting jobs or what????
Old 3rd Nov 2004, 16:41
Spad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Methinks Flying Ninja protesth a little too loud. I don’t know what the allusions to cream on hats is all about, but on reading his little rantette, the phrase that immediately comes to mind is “if the cap fits….”

Didja run across an old colleague in the shopping mall who turned ’is back on yuh Ninj, reminding you of what you are… and always will be?

Reference Ninja’s comments about ‘heroes’: is there anyone out there with a high speed connection (and the time) to search the archives to find the very funny poem that someone wrote that started the whole ‘hero’ thing? I remember laughing out loud when I read it. As I recall, it was in response to some post-89 Qandom pilots complaining to someone in authority after their kids found their names on a (insert four letter word beginning with the letter immediately after R) list whilst doing a Google search.

They didn’t like being called that word that starts with the letter immediately after R so some wag made up the poem giving them the ‘hero’ label, and it’s stuck. Love to see it again, but my steam driven Internet connection isn’t up to the search.