PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Interwiev.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2004, 12:44
Brenoch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I went it was a two day job. It was quite a few of us there so we were divided into two groups.

First day we had a couple of exercises both individual and in group and also the interview with someone from the H.R. department and someone from the flight department, in my case the fleet captain B767.

One individual task was a bit of a flightplanning bit (can't remember all the details). I seem to recall it being a flight from Karachi to Jeddah and back. You were presented with various problems along the way such as a purser acting up and refusing to fly with one of the other crewmembers and your "enroute alternates" offered various options such as fuel but no maintenance etc. Also it was during ramadan so the pax where not allowed to have their dindins during the hours of daylight.

Then there was a group exercise were the group was supposed to be the board of directors of a fictional airline, evaluating what type of equipment to use on a new route.

Second day included varoius individual tests such as math, technical exam, personality quiz, psychosometric (doubtful of spelling) tests and a tour of Bahrain.

We were put in the Mövenpick hotel right next to the airport and Gulfair HQ.

I can't remember all the details as I'm sure you aswell as I have been to quite a few of these interviews/assesments in your carreer. I hope I have convinced you and I would appreciate if you didn't call me a miserable liar.