PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sony Ericsson k700i
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2004, 10:50
timbo04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sony Ericsson k700i

PPruners

Just thought I would post this in case anybody else had the same phone and the same problems.....

Recently upgraded to a Sony Ericsson k700i on Orange and experienced lots of problems with it -
1) 3 second delay in calls connecting
2) Phone freezing 2-3 times a day
3) really annoying Orange branded software which removed SE menus and replaced them with Orange world/camera options

Called Orange and they tested the phone remotely and said there was no problem and they could do nothing. Went to on the internet to find that lots of other unhappy people having the same problem which is caused by old/faulty firmware - and guess what - Orange have programmed the phone so that you can fix this with an SE upgrade from their website.

Found Orange extremely unhelpful but after a lot of searching found some software that removes Orange/Vodaphone/O2 etc branding and replaces it with up to date SE unbranded firmware.

Still in dispute with Orange over my right to reject the phone, but if anybody is having a similar problem get in touch and I will give you details of the site.