PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAL payscales
Thread: JAL payscales
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2004, 08:35
JapJok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don`t want to work for ANY company in Japan. They don`t observe contract conditions, and if you`re here through Rishworth, then you`ll get no help from them.

In fact, they will aid and abet the company in attempting to screw you, no doubt for a consideration on the side; that`s the way business is done here.
Rishworth are currently advertising for more 737 Captains; don`t touch them. The guys there are having almost daily battles with the management, and the first group coming up for renewal will almost certainly all go. You`ll only be replacing them.

AirDo are about to recruit through a PARCcontract, and I think it`s generally known that PARC are about the best of the parasitical crew contracting companies. AirDo will almost certainly take guys from within Japan, recently having displayed a penchant for poaching, contrary to what foreign pilots are told on arrival; you won`t be able to move fromone company to another in Japan because they don`t poach each other`s pilots. That may be true for the Japs, but not foreigners.

When you consider the f&%$#& stupid pricks at JCAB and they way they conduct checks (they`re only light aircraft pilots, no airline experience), the blatant racism displayed, the fact that you`re paid a LOT less than the Japs and your standard will be MUCH higher regardless of where you`re from, the never ending `training`that takes you upwards of four months to get a Jap licence (I know of one guy who took 11 months), the constant breaches of contract put down to a `misunderstanding`along with a range of other antagonistic issues, you would not want to come to Japan.

The standard of piloting by the Japs, both Captains and FOs, and engineering here is substandard. I`d like a $ for every time a local Fo has damn near killed me.

The Japs have taken lying to a whole new level, and are the most dishonest, duplicitious and devious people you will ever deal with. They make the Arabs looks like saints.

I`m out of here within a few months and I will NEVER return, not even for a holiday. The Japs have made me hate the place, and there are some things you are just not prepared to do for money. One of them is live and work in this $hithole and work for these C###S.

Sorry for the slightly off topic post. For further info see the `Asiana` thread Most applies to Japanas well

Last edited by JapJok; 1st Nov 2004 at 09:02.