PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British pilot with FAA licence/license flying G reg outside UK airspace
Old 28th Oct 2004, 09:11
tunalic2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to restate the original question,

'British pilot with FAA licence/license flying G reg outside UK airspace' (what is allowed and what paper work is required?)

MLS - 'I am probably putting my big feet in it, but ... what are you complaining about? Frankly, you should be happy that the CAA recognizes your FAA license (sorry, "certificate" ) for flights inside the UK, since it is perfectly entitled to reject that document:

Big feet are welcome but I wasn't complaining I was asking a question please see above

Beagle - 'Why don't you just get a JAA licence?'

why should I if I can do what I want on my FAA license? ( it doesnt cost me £145 every 5 years for starters)

2D - 'Random calls to the CAA tend to yeald rather variable results.

It wasn't random it was a perfectly reasonable question to the relevent authority, perhaps ............you meant that random people answer the phone at the CAA?

Here is the reply from the French CAA(translated by babelfish.com so better than me but not perfect)

Dear Sir,
In response to your mall of October 26, 2004, j'ai l honnor to let you know that: 1 - Being of nationality British and wanting to fly planes in G in l'espace air French, you must contact the CAA and the FAA which will give you the procedure since you are holder d'une American licence.

2 - to fly planes out of F, with your American licence, you must obtain a French validation of your licence aupès of the services of l Aviation French Civile. For that, you will find hereafter the list of the elements necessary to this possible obtaining.

I remain at your disposal for any further information and requests d'agréer, Sir, l'assurance of my best greetings from you. Yvette THOMASSET DAC/N/D2FL ORLY CUS 108 94396 ORLY AEROGARE CEDEX

I also as an aside had asked if i could now fly an F reg in French airspace on FAA PPl, which was not possible 7 or so years ago when last asked but would seem it is now.

What a delightfully polite reply! but catch 22 so off to search the FAA website again
T2

Blimey and I thought this would be easy