PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL rejects Belgian demand for less noisy planes (Merged)
Old 27th Oct 2004, 15:48
tgdxb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
red on yello,
I will restate my disagreement - I love aviation a lot but hate being awaken at night by taking off a/c. I can't be held responsible for my genes and I am neither as lucky nor as deaf as you not to be disturbed, especially in an otherwise pretty quiet environment (despite highway proximity).
I think it is crazy to use 2O for T.O. while 25R is long enough so that planes are much higher when reaching more densely populated areas (I did observe this earlier this week while observing T.O. at the airport). Or loads of money having been spent on extending 25L, expropriating people, etc.
Our area was not overflown when I bought in 1986 and there were no plans to ever forecast this.
Flight dispersion is stupid!!!!!!!! And political in belgium, as you very well know!!!!!!! Rather than incomodating more people and not compensating them for it AT ALL, it would be better to concentrate noise and better support people impacted. It is not selfishness - just logic & good sense whether you - and others - believe or agree to this or not.
Enjoy the noise which you do not hear anyway...