PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL rejects Belgian demand for less noisy planes (Merged)
Old 27th Oct 2004, 07:24
tgdxb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brace...,
of course I do not know everything (actually, I wanted to be a pilot) and I am always keen to learn more. Your situation sounds similar to a young - ex SN-pilot - who I know indirectly. he got hired a few months ago by EK. I also heard that they are currently focusing more on less qualified pilot hirings because they have too many currently qualified for upgrade to captain. All this is said based on my knowledge - which is imperfect - and my ignorance of your particular situation. I hope this helps you somewhat. The Belgian flying community has been expanding over the last months. Good luck!
Kwikfly,
your input corresponds almost 100% to the situation I was in when I moved last. And yes, it is hard at the beginning but the same daughter who didn't want to leave is now dreaming of being herself an expat. And the same 'old' parents are now missing their (tourist) visits there. You are right, it is a bit difficult at the beginning but life is sometimes surprising. I reckon it may not apply to your family, though, and I do respect this. Anyway I hope future can be bright(er) for you.