PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TSA Training Rule
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2004, 19:47
chrisbl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cubflyer,

I was not saying the measures from the TSA were right only that it is right to expect the authorities to take some action.

I am pleased that through AOPA in the US sense has come to bear and if you like that is the purpose of putting out these rules i.e. to get them sorted. How many times can you count when the authorities in the UK amend rules once issued. Look at the struggle going on re the Customs and the single market.

Judging from Richard's post the industry has gotten hold of the TSA and sorted them out as far as training is concerned.

I too hope that the M1 visa can be got rid of now. I went out to do my night qualification and needed a VISA for 5 hours of training.

In all it took 10 hours to get the visa, what with filling in the forms, waiting at the embassy etc.

Would it not be just perfect if this new process could replace the visa. Just think of the saving in workload etc. The flight schools have all the work to do re I-20s etc, they get to do much of the same work to do again with the fingerprints etc.

You never know this might be the opportunity to expand the flying training business in the USA.

chrisbl