PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Money - the great sinking feeling
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2004, 13:59
kilobravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same boat

Well it would seem we all have the same worries, if's and buts going on in our heads. If we were all to be sensible, then not one of us would follow this path, unless we were naturally gifted flyers with an astute knowledge of all that is theoretically linked to aviation and a dad working as chairman of one of the majors.
My new approach to all of this is to do it bit by bit, step by step and work as best I can in the mean time, in order to reduce the debt to a maximum. If I fail at any step, which is always possible, then I will still have a job which bores me to tears but I will have an income and be able to support myself, semi-happy in the knowledge that I gave it a shot. Sure a lot of money will be spent and wasted along the way if the goal isn't reached, but maybe trying is more important? I honestly can't see myself in the rhs of a 737 RIGHT NOW, sitting in a 152 looking at 12 to 15months study for the ATPL's, but maybe the dream will appear more attainable having passed the exams and half way through the IR?
So going at this in sections may not be the quickest or the most cost effective, but it is somewhat safer, so I keep telling myself.
I am 35 and if I was 21 then yes, launching myself headfirst would seem sensible, but alas, I am not! So now it's going to be my best efforts to get there, but I am only looking as far as the next step. Who know's maybe one day I will be at 30,000 and not a 3,000, but I am not going to worry too much about it, or else I will never do it. I just wish there wasn't so many of us with the same bloody ambition!

Later boys and girls and those of us old enough to know better.
KB