PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An Australian Dream Shattered
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2004, 05:49
Ron & Edna Johns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrowler is absolutely correct. The attitude that pervades within QF, amongst it's employees towards fellow employees, is shameful. Pilots think CC are overpaid. CC think pilots are overpaid. Everyone thinks baggage handlers are overpaid. IT are incompetent and overpaid. Engineers (in certain ports) are not worth p!$$ing on. Long haul pilots are pitching against short haulers (A330). Long haul CC vs short haul CC (international routes). And so on and so on.

Managers are well aware of this sort of attitude, this divisiveness, and KNOW FULL WELL that they can target an individual group one at a time, that they will get no support from anyone else. Shameful. Shameful of them and shameful of us.

And we bury our heads, avert our eyes, in the hope that it won't be us next. Hmmm... right. Pilots - do you expect the CC to stand up and support YOUR claim for a pay level/ T&C's when GOD is targetting you? Somehow I don't think they will, given the attitude shown here and expressed all too often on flightdecks around the world.

It is high time that every employee in QF learnt a little mutual respect towards, and understanding of, EVERY other employee's job in QF. Eg, CC don't just get paid what they get for what they do - arguably a certain amount of it is effectively remuneration for spending literally HALF their life away from home. Yes, that point is arguable, some won't agree with me. However that is not really my main argument. If you want to pitch arrows at each other, denegrate each other, in-fight, bitch, etc, then you are going to destroy what collective standard of remuneration we have.

I'll say it again - it is high time we showed genuine, serious mutual respect towards, and understanding of, all other employees in QF.