PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An Australian Dream Shattered
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2004, 02:26
mmmbop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woomera has beaten me to it but -

From the ABS 19/12/2003 : the average individual annual wage and salary income for wage and salary earners in New South Wales was $37,191. Adjusted to 2004 figures (census data is old by the time its released) this equates to -$40,225.
This is, of course, the AVERAGE. The High Income Earners disproportianately inflate this figure, despite accounting for less than 20% of the workforce. The MEDIAN figure would be lower than the Average figure.
After reading the figures that Woomera posted you still think that you deserve in excess of $70k a year, I think we all then realise why GD and QF are taking you down the path they are.

Without realising it, you have stumbled onto the gem....-
How much would you be happy for me to earn ?
the operative word here is highlighted. If you actually provided $70,000 worth of service to the company, they would probably happily pay it. As I said before, if you think you do - after reading the average salaries - well then......

whats a DDG?
This really does paint the truest example of just how much you over rate your position in the company. If you are indeed Left 2 Primary, you would know exactly what a DDG is.
It is always interesting to debate something with someone who provides no facts, but replies purely emotively.

Last edited by mmmbop; 21st Oct 2004 at 04:50.