PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL rejects Belgian demand for less noisy planes (Merged)
Old 20th Oct 2004, 10:32
tgdxb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not a firm believer in the increasing number of employees that DHL - ever changing numbers - are promising to Belgium. Furthermore the costs of employment in Europe is so high that the only key differentiator Belgiums needs to develop are value add skills.
Whatever you do around Brussels you will affect people, whether me or others. And it will disturb a fraction of the population. We can argue about how big it is, of course.
This said an operation like DHL should not be at an airport so close to a city like Brussels. Other airports are available - and have expressed interest - even in quieter locations. Now if DHL are so inflexible that they do only want BRU then I'd say I do not mind the move to Leipzig. Despite all the 'compliments' made about this country, it has a high faculty of adapting to circumstances despite its small size.
Coming back to my initial issue - it was not so much that I am again DHL in particular but about noise at night & the danger of using 20 for T.O. All this done in a unilaterla way. No need to restart an argument here unless something ew can be added to it.
And yes, politics is for a large part the cause of all these problems but not only.