PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TSA Training Rule
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2004, 01:45
chrisbl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cubflyer,

you are entitled to your view about pointless buracracy although I think you are wrong.

The US has never had the experience of terrorism until 911. whereas we in Britain have had to put up with Irish terrorism (often funded by Americans) for many years and refused to let it affect our lives. However from an aviation point of view we still have to inform Special branch of trips to the islands including Ireland and there is some ramping up of other measures too.

I could as easily say that was pointless buracracy too.

I am afraid the US will go through a learning period of what seems appropriate and what seems practical.

what will not help will be foreigners trying to get around the rules, as this will lead to stricter rules.

I dont like the rules much and doubt how effective they will really be. However the US government has to job to protect its citizens and other citizens whilst in the US and it has chosen this way to do it.

We have a choice either to comply with the rules or not go to the US.

Its not that difficult and I do not see that their should be any argument about it.

Richard has been excellent in his postings and I will now review whether I will be going to Florida at Christmas in the light of the clarification he has provided. However, I do note that NAC will be closed for the duration from christmas to the new year.