PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TSA Training Rule
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2004, 19:51
cubflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a lot of pointless bureaucracy introduced by paranoid officials of a paranoid Government that have no idea about aviation. They still havent figured out that a small aircraft poses minimal threat, far more damaged could be done by a car/truck parked in the right place! And they havent realised that if someone really wanted to learn some flying and do some damage, they could just as easily learn outside the USA, learning in the USA doesnt give them any insight into how to hijack an airliner! And does anyone really think that a Sept 11 type hijacking and crashing aircraft into a target would ever be allowed to happen again by the passengers, let alone the increased security getting onto the aircraft etc.
Probably the same people incharge that recently caused me to be told that I wasnt allowed to photograph some airshow warbirds while pointing towards the airport terminal. Last time I heard that was in Communist Russia, or was in Franco's Spain.

I visit the USA a lot and fly a lot, just glad that all my flying is done from small airfields or private strips in private aircraft, so no Bull*** security at the airfields or anything else. Lets hope that US AOPA and EAA get the TSA to see some sense and really hope that this disease doesnt make its way down to grassroots aviation.

Thanks for keeping us informed about what is going on!